Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sports d00des of the Month: June



Wow, what a historical recap of basketball. Yes, the pairing of the sports d00des of the month I believe was iconic to the sport. Now they have the opportunity to win an NBA championship, Joakim Noah after losing to the Heat in 5 games said "They are pretty hollywood." but are they?

Let me give you my insight on why I love these players, When I was a kid I watched MJ and the Bulls dominate. I am close to the Chicago area, and I have been to a bulls game, but once MJ got old and the Spurs "big three" started to get good, I didn't really pay attention anymore (I was busy watching the NFL). Then something happened, LeBron James entered the sport. I loved his confidence and overall game, and I started watching the NBA again. I then started to see this guy in Miami play. Dwyane Wade.

Dwyane had just a fast and exciting play style. I was familiar with Shaq and I rooted for them in the Finals of 2006. Afterwards I said "LeBron could do this all he needs is another all star like Shaq." Year after year, I waited and waited, by the time Shaq even joined the team he was to old. LeBron's contract was expiring and then something happened......THE OLYMPICS.

I watched the redeem team. I was amazed, and watching the equivalent of unstoppable on a basketball court was just a feeling of pride (for America of course). But then after LeBron started the decision and hearing "Taking my talents to south beach." I was like, "Okay, okay, playing with Bosh and Wade oughta mean championship like Boston (when they made a big three)".

Through a season where they were hated, booed, and every mistake was highlighted. When Dwyane or Eric Spoelstra, spoke the truth it was blown up. LeBron can't close, 12 game losing streak, number one seed dropped to number two. Bulls play better defense, the Sixers aren't like the Celtics, this, that. What happened, the Heat quieted the critics. LeBron started to get hot, Dwyane overcame his bane, the Celtics. A Bandwagon started, now Miami is a favorite, and LeBron rivals MJ....

But, these guys I am big fans of them, I love Dwyane, and I love LeBron. They have been hot all of May, I mean the Heat haven't lost at home since April. LeBron can lock down any teams best player (Look out Dirk). Dwyane can go cold, but I think he'll find his shot. Pretty good stuff. I mean they are the best duo (in my opinion) in NBA history.

Your d00des of the month play tonight (May 31, granted it isn't June yet) at 9 p.m. on ABC. Game 1 of the Finals, its going to be good!

1 comment:

  1. I really like hearing what you have to say about basketball. You should talk about it more often.

    ReplyDelete