Monday, March 19, 2012

The Manning Mantle, the Tebowmania

Okay so when I was a kid I watched the NFL at a young age. In the 90's there were two QB's worth noting, Bret Favre and John Elway. Of the two my favorite was John Elway.

SO, my now NFL hero Peyton Manning is now a Denver Bronco, and I get to relive my childhood it appears, but also I think people are just going to go bananas over the Tebow situation.

First things first, I'm happy for both my beloved Colts and Manning, I find it a win-win situation because Colts get the (hopefully) younger version of Peyton and the Broncos get Peyton himself. Now all I hope for is an AFC title match to duke out the rights of "was Peyton the Colts heart or is Luck going to be a legitimate QB". Either way I'm a happy camper.

So onto the next thing, TEBOW. People hate on him because he isn't an "ideal" QB. This may be a true statement but sometimes it doesn't matter if your crappy macaroni art has some glitter dust drizzled on top of it. That's what I feel Tebow is, in college people were saying the same thing, "he isn't ideal" "he lacks accuracy" BLAH BLAH BLAH. The dude goes into the huddle shouts the play trys to execute and makes it an athletic match up between linebackers and himself, its great TV, is it long term no but it is unorthodox and in some cases effective.

(i.e.)


I mean sure in this video you don't see him improvising but throughout that game Tebow rolled all around the line of scrimmage and tuckered out one the best defenses the NFL has to offer.

So, Peyton is a Bronco, and they make it seem like Tebow is going to move from Denver. If this is true then I am all for Jacksonville whether they say no or not. I thought they should have drafted him when they had the chance, I think in Jacksonville not only will his local heroism shine, but also when you pair him with MJD you are taking less pressure off of MJD and your ground game becomes top tier. The pairing of Tebow and Florida goes like Pretzels and Chocolate, not exactly the first thing you think of but when you pair them, ITS A GOOD THING.
But, who is to say he isn't going to become the student to Manning. I mean they may just keep him and cut that other guy (you know Brady Quinn). I mean Tebow is still young even though its his third year, but maybe he can learn from the NFL's new iron man, Peyton. I mean Peyton is old technically, yet it seems as if he is still elite correct? Why not have a veteran shed all the pre-snap reads knowledge, or the complex playbook Peyton knows, why not have Tebow evolve his game?

In the long run I guess only Elway and Jon Fox know. Will we see Manning get his first disciple Timothy? Or are we gonna see Tim take Mania to the city he calls home? Either way, I'd be happy.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Peyton in Denver will be fun to watch, there are a lot if similarities between him and old Elway. I have mixed emotions about tebow. I love that kid! Not a fan of the Jags though , probably they don't get enough air time on Michigan tv. He and Brady are both fun to watch and if they stay where they are, who knows if we will ever see them play? On antihero nite, I liked your macaroni art reference , and your pretzels and chocolate comparison! Nice writing son!

    ReplyDelete