Thursday, February 3, 2011

NBA: Big names tongiht!

I was going to post before TNT started their double header tonight, but I got caught up in the Michigan v. OSU game (the first half that is). Anyways LeBron put on a pretty good performance in the first half so far, 29 points before halftime. Dwayne Wade was given many screens by the Magic's offense and had to take a beating to try and defend J.J. Redick. Dwight Howard has worked the boards pretty well.....

Anyways the second game has some meaning to it if you ask me LA Lakers, who happen to be slumping at the moment, have to face the Spurs of San Antonio. I find it odd that they are the real "big three" of the league and get over looked. I am talking about Manu, Tony, and Tim Duncan. You know I use to resent the Spurs, but overtime I have found that they are a great franchise, who respect the game. I use to hate Tony Parker because he could do no wrong. He had Eva Longoria (formerly married, now divorced originally posted as Eva Mendez...possibly hook up between too, but not likely.) as a hot wife (trophy wife *cough* *cough*), he could break into a "next level" speed, and was just a baller. All of the time Manu (the heart of the Spurs in my opinion) didn't get much love (because he came off the bench, and was.....balding) even though he was making the highlight plays.

And then there is your reining NBA Champs....the LA Lakers. I have never really liked the Lakers. I am an eastern conference kind of guy, living in the mid-west makes you a Chicago Bulls fan in the 90's. But, I also don't enjoy the personalities of the Lakers. You Have Kobe, who just thinks he is Superman (I don't really like Superman, he has no human traits, he always wins, and he can never seem to do wrong (This is gonna show my inner comic book nerd, but "The Death of Superman" is my favorite Superman series because he can't beat Doomsday and dies. To draw from this comic book reference the player that I like to watch now, LeBron, is just that to Kobe and his justice league the Lakers. Doomsday.)). Pau Gasol.....high basketball IQ, please, standing in low post and waiting for an entry pass.....or a tip in. Any seven foot guy with a ball and a hoop can score. The only Laker I like is Derek Fisher. He is the Manu Ginobili of the Lakers, only he starts.

Anyways both of tonight's games I believe are big. I also think they will be your Conference Champion match ups this year, I think the Heat will not have to face the Celtics, and I think that The Spurs are a high quality team who respect the game and the concepts of team....although the Oklahoma City Thunder could make some noise against the Lakers....but we have till spring to worry about that.

As for my next post I might add a quicker Vlog entry for time conserving purposes, the topic will be based on THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you sportsdoode for de-coding the NBA for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and you have named the wrong EVA as Tony Parker's wife, wasn't it EVA Longoria? Although now that they are divorced, maybe it doesn't really matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, who know maybe I broke future news!

    ReplyDelete