Thursday, February 17, 2011

Winter Purgatory

So, it's mid February. You're sitting at home and trying to cure your Super Bowl hangover. Well let the Sports d00de help you.

Sports d00de's Midwinter Events

1.) NBA All-Star weekend....This Friday through Sunday.        - I have mentioned this with the d00de of the Month: Blake Griffin. The dunk contest is the highlight of Saturday, but it is the finale of the three point challenge/horse/skill challenge starting at 8, and you have the big game with all the stars on Sunday.

2.) Daytona 500
     - This is a new interest for me I sort of payed attention to NASCAR once Sprint cup starts, but I never followed it through most of the season. I find it interesting, but it is a sport you have to develop a taste for. This year has a new breath of air for NASCAR though, Daytona is repaved and there is a new points system that makes it easier for the fans to keep track. Anyways the big race is on Sunday at 1 o'clock.

3.)NBC's game of the week- This Sunday you can catch two teams I like to watch on the NHL, The Detroit Red Wings (My favorite team since I was like....5) vs the Minnesota Wild (One of my friends teams). Always good to have a healthy rivalry between friends. The other game that probably won't be shown in my area, but the Capitals vs Buffalo. I like to see Alexander Ovechkin as much as possible. All games at 12:30.

4.)MLB Preseason- Once stuff starts getting sunny and we're back to regular life, then there is SPRING TRAINING. MLB's first preseason game is on February 24th the teams are Florida State at Philadelphia at 1:05 PM EST. Not like anyone gets that station, but you can get some fantasy baseball information.




Well there you go, get through these next couple of weeks and bam! It's March. Griffin for Dunk Contest basically won it. Jr for the checkered flag. Go Wings. Cub's......please this year.

1 comment: